Hi Yusef,

Thanks for the additional information. The update is coming from the
vagrant-vbguest plugin, which runs a system update so that it can compile
the kernel extension for the VirtualBox guest additions. That `yum update`
will update the `centos-release` package from 7.5 to 7.8.

If you need to keep CentOS pinned at exactly 7.5, you can either
deactivate the plugin, or use a box with the VirtualBox guest additions
already installed, such as bento/centos-7.5.

Kind regards,
Jeff