Dear Geeks,

does anyone have experience w/ cloning Rackspace Cloud Server Ubunutu Instances?

I have found that for syslog to operate smoothly, the files "syslog" and syslog.* in /var/log should be removed and then the system should be restarted. (If I could figure out how to restart syslog (rsyslogd) I'd do that, but I'm a Debian guy ;-) )

So is it appropriate to run "rm -r /var/log/* /var/log/*.*" after a new clone is instantiated? The underlying assumption being: we have a new server, it should see a clean slate in the log files and NOT see the old logs from the previous instance from which we cloned.

Thanx, any insight appreciated.
--
 Joe Golden /_\ www.Triangul.us /_\ websites with class