I feel like I should get a little more serious about a backup system and
encryption on my filesystems.

I use ssh for command line access to texty things for projects, etc.  I use
sshfs for mounting a shared directory for working space between a server,
desktop and a couple of laptops.  The important bits live on the server.

What's the standard recommended encryption for an encrypted home dir?  Looks
like encfs is a good bet.

And for backups, Anthony mentioned Git Annex.  Is that a backup solution or
something similar?  In general I don't need incremental backups, but if didn't
cost much and made things faster, all the better.  I love git and think git
should be in more places, and love the distributed idea.

Sorry I know this is a big question.  Any recommendations from the list
appreciated.

PS: we should do beerz sometime.
--
Joe Golden /_\ www.Triangul.us /_\ Coding, Drupalism, Open Sourcery