Greetings Kevin,

You are, as usual a genius...

Bashist Flint

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016, Kevin Cole wrote:

Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 10:59:35 -0400
From: Kevin Cole <>
To: Paul Flint <>
    Vermont Area Group of Unix Enthusiasts <>
Subject: Re: Alias uncertianty

On Oct 14, 2016 07:25, "Paul Flint" <> wrote:

Greetings List Lurkers,

Well if Anthony can ask interesting questions, so can I!

For many years I aliased "ssh" to "ssh -Y" (I am so ashamed :^).

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word "ashamed". I do not think it means
what you think it means.

For that particular alias, I would probably go with editing

instead. Marvelous stuff can be done there, including global settings and
site-specific settings, allowing you to "mostly" have X11 forwarding,
except for specific sites or versy-vicy.

And, together with the afore-mentioned avahi, wonders can be achieved.

Kindest Regards,

☮ Paul Flint
(802) 595-9365 Cell

Based upon email reliability concerns,
please send an acknowledgement in response to this note.

Paul Flint
17 Averill Street
Barre, VT