Greetings List Lurkers,

We shall be meeting today between 5 and 7 PM in Room 1 in the basement of Heading United Methodist church, 40 Washington Street.

Last month, Flint was southbound, and I have returned with a much better understanding of Block-Chain. Thus I would really like to spend a significant portion of our meeting will be devoted to the by now famous Block-Chain Tic-Tac-Toe, and my initial attempt shall be in Visual Bash...

(http://docbox.flint.com:8081/blockchain#tttVB)

So, the short answer is that we are still here and the meeting will take place today at 17:00.

Like last week I am also fascinated by what is going on with Big Blue Button (http://docbox.flint.com:8081/tada#BigBlueButton) which we need to delve into!

Sadly enough we seem to have the most traction on Google Hangouts...

Topics for discussion thus are:

- Block-Chain Tic-Tac-Toe and
- Big Blue Button vs Google Hangouts.

along with our standard topics which remain:

- Open Source Educational Human Development
  Sam is working on the BBB and ... I am changing the priority
  of our eternal needs, and placing education first, as manifest in a
  Barre Brain Barn.
- Maker Movement A Maker Space in Barre?  Why not? We clearly have a
  Maker Faire profile.  Could it be that the commercial power centers
  are beginning to appreciate the value of the maker movement.
  See http://bbbvt.org/
  Here are the city and statewide plans:
  http://docbox.flint.com:8081/bb
  who has good ideas about a Barre Maker Space.  Why not do digital
  stone soup?
- Move BOSI towards reStructuredText. I am seriously researching a
  tiddly2rest converter.  This would allow us to become more git
  centric... avoid the need to change to gittlywiki...
  We still need to convert... Yea buddy...  Shut up Effin.
- Blue Sky R&D, but in Vermont it will be Gun-metal Grey Sky(c) R&D
  (GMGSR&D).
- I fought the DREK and the DREK continues to win.  Remember, What
  really is holds us back is DREK!!!  DREK is what happens to your
  workspace (both hardware and  software) when you fail to put stuff
  away, or you let your friends or relatives use it.  This is a cosmic
  law.  While having #1Son around helped, I am still fighting DREK.
  How to get over it?  The secret may be empty pellet bags.
  TechnoRubble is hereby defined as organized DREK.  DREK is
  just what you get prior to something becoming TechnoRubble.
  Just to let you know I am desperately trying to turn Drek into
  TechnoRubble.  The ultimate goal being the development and
  implementation of the TechnoRubble Taxonomy.

These five points are quickly becoming more than our policy, and more like a prayer...

Anyway, we have the technology and we will have Pizza tonight 5-7 at Hedding UMC. Accept no substitutes... For those coming in via voice or the Internet, so not forget this information:

For more information try:
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/tada

...and we hope that there are folks who are gonna try, the swim tada starts at 6:00 PM EST.

Our ongoing major objective is to continue to try to figure out how to invest the time and resources to turn the Barre Open Systems Institute into more than just the Adult Swim technical clinic and more into a real learning facility, and figure out where our good chairs went. One direction we have been working on is to begin thinking about classes. The curriculum that I am most interested in is teaching documentation.

The goal of the meeting shall be unusual, as it will be more about planning and vision and less about how to get organized and try to get the various projects moving forward, despite DREK. We continue to wonder about how to build the BOSI curriculum to this webpage:

http://bosivt.org, works, and has just been updated.

Remember, the BOSI Adult Swim is essentially about helping out fellow users of open source products in a clinic environment. Despite my very best of intentions, the Adult Swim is really almost a perpetual Linux install-fest, and only secondarily a learning environment.

The ever growing list of projects (now on our web site :^) includes the following with no particular organization or accuracy:

http://www.bosivt.org
http://bosivt.org, works, and has just been updates see javascript link to
http://family.flint.com/flint
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/flint.com/tada
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/raspberry#MinecraftRaspberryPi Pi Minecraft, cool. http://www.lakecraft.net/ This is the site we want to get Pi Minecraft working with.
http://bbbvt.org/  Barre Brain Barn.
http://ledroid.org Ok, this is a real project eh?
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/travel#VTMakerConf2017
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/technorubble#TechnoRubbleTaxonomy
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/raspberry#PiRFID
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/trantor
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/blockchain#blockchainttt
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/bb
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/vm A Docker copy of VM370
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/kindle The Kindle Liberation Front
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/pyrs A pythonic interface to Income Tax?
http://bzinga.net What happens when you combine Bash and Zenity?
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/nodejs ok, it is on the list.
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/snobot jesum they love this robot
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/furmon monitor that pellet furnace
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/arduino moving in the arduino groove
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/javajive to get better at Javascript
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/tsp  Temperature Sensors Project
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/robotsrules The quest for Roberts Rules -
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/visual.bash Yea, I am not kidding...
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/mrtg remedial raw mrtg for the slow...
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/raspberry all versions
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/strembot.org maybe a very cool project.
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/organized oh please let me be organized!
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/music this may be the least organized
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/bb A big noble idea.
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/grantbot A less noble idea to feed the
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/gitlywiki is tiddlywiki5 the answer?
http://docbox.flint.com:8080/bosivt.org/directions or, go to http://bosivt.org

This list has been updated... Next we shoot for accuracy!

Otherwise, Barre indeed remains a great venue for a Linux and Open Source Software discussion and general system rejuvenation. Expect to be remotely preached at on the various topics of Open Source and how I am confident it shall cure all the evils and ills of this wicked world. In a perfect meeting, people would come in, sit down, see the stuff we have been doing and hopefully help us get the DIY stuff we are doing done, or maybe just fix a laptop.

So, do not forget that the Aldrich Barre library stocks "Linux Format", and the latest issue is on the shelf, and it is good. The DVD's are available to checkout and copy, we shall to continue provide copies and isos of each and every one. I am continuing to duplicate about a years worth of DVD's which is quite a task. You may want to watch this space for developments.

Anyway, come and do open source stuff. For more information about the BOSI Adult Swim meeting time and location try this:

Directions to the Adult Swim:
http://docbox.flint.com:8080/bosivt.org/directions or, go to http://bosivt.org and click on directions.

Show up at Hedding UMC if you have questions or are interested in Linux or the concept of free and open systems. Again, we are in the basement of the Hedding UMC facility which we like pretty well.

If you wish to be included on the "Linux_adult_swim" mailing list, send a
response to this note, or contact me.

It is so nice and warm in this room it may be time for a nap. This is Flint signing off... I look at the list of stuff we still have to do and I wonder where it all came from!

I expect to be chastised eagle-eyed Dr. Mark, or god forbid, Effin as Dr. Mark remains our Honorary Editor.

Finally we may have a special guest with lawn signs.

Kindest Regards,

Paul Flint
(802) 479-2360
(802) 595-9365 Cell

/************************************
Based upon email reliability concerns,
please send an acknowledgment in response to this note.

Paul Flint
Barre Open Systems Institute
17 Averill Street
Barre, VT