"Rion D'Luz" <riond...@gmail.com> writes:
> Any oldtimers still subscribed? Anybody still out there?

Still around, still in tech, but my priorities have certainly shifted (a
few times) in the last 10 years. :)

All the trends that I think made VAGUE less-than-viable as a tech hub
have still continued. IMHO, BTV/VT needs a solidly pan-technology entity
to have enough momentum to maintain a long-term presence, while also
having *some* explicit mission that is broad enough around which to
crystallize; "Unix Enthusiasm" isn't it.

The continuing success of VT Code Camp is a good demonstration of that,
I think. That, and the respectable and large efforts of its organizers,
of course.

--
…jsled
https://asynchronous.org | @joshsled | @js...@mstdn.io | signal:5108514149 |