Greetings List Lurkers,

A sunny Monday forebodes an evening meeting that will likely be cold
but clear...

I remain confident that Mr. Joe Hart will choose this evening's
meeting to demonstrate his LlamaCPP large language model
speech recognition system.  Also we need to discuss his new nickname...

Right now I am overwhelmed by what I must learn from The University of
Youtube.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Google Drive
- Git &
- GitHub
- Docker
- Podman
- ffmpeg
- gstreamer
- obs-cli

I feel I have been hit on the head, and I am not making progress in
the face of overwhelming innovation...

My meditation centers on how many of these "Noun Verbs"(NVs) (or "Verb
Noun" environments) I am trying to
exploit. Again, these typically command line based environments are in
contrast to compilers, games, GUI
tools and utilities.

These NV script types of software exist to perform narrow activities
on systems, exemplified by their use
at the command line.  Besides LinuX Containers (LXCs), examples are
everywhere, and appear particularly
obvious in the Linux command line environment.  Think of the classic
"bird call" commands e.g. grep, awk,
ls, or any other command you can manifest on a "Teletype" command
line.  The good ones support a "man" page...

I say this because I use an NV system to write my various software
concoctions, which I write in VisualBash
(http://visualbash.org/).

My immediate goal is to get my currently used version of zope2 running
in a container...
Progress to date has most to do with developing these tasks:
1. Container management loading and persistence
2. Getting the right version of Python running and finally...
3. Coerce zope to run in this container.
4. Load the right data.fs file...
5. Reproduce ability

This bit of programming is dramatized in the ongoing Visual Bash script:
http://docbox.flint.com:8081/visual.bash#MyOwnPersonalVersionOfHell

What I have discovered upon development of this script is that I could be
more efficient in the development of a specific well documented
limited choice NV script,
In the last week, I concocted the following new script:

lxcycl.sh - The LinuX Container CYCle
(http://docbox.flint.com:8081/docker#LinxXContainercYCL)

This is an attempt to recursively encapsulate the tools you need to perform
docker based development.  These unworthy efforts will be up on GitHub after I
finish mercilessly editing...

...but more about these foolish ideas this Monday evening at 6PM.

This all adds up to our centralizing and convocating at the York
Branch Library this evening.

That said, come in remotely and bring this and any other problems and
questions and we will
do our thing!

This evening beyond the Library face-2-face, we shall use jit.si/bosi
to connect.

Feel free to click the following link to join...

Come on to Jitsi at 6PM!

Feel free to click the following link to join the meeting:
https://meet.jit.si/bosi

Let me know if this works for everyone...

=====

Just want to dial in on your phone?

Dial-in: +1.512.402.2718 PIN: 1992759198#

Note that this dial worked with devastating effect from the road...

Click this link to see the dial in phone numbers for this meeting
https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=bosi

Kindest Regards,

Paul Flint