On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 10:23 +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> I was wondering what must be done to over-ride a configure event in a
> GtkWidget. I can't find an event mask for it, and therefore my configure
> event never seems to fire.
>
> Could someone point me to what I have to do in order to get my configure
> event to work?

According to the GTK+ documentation:

"To receive this signal, the GdkWindow associated to the widget needs to
enable the GDK_STRUCTURE_MASK mask. GDK will enable this mask
automatically for all new windows."

There shouldn't be anything Vala specific about the configure event.
Maybe ask on #gtk+ to get some help with that.

Jürg