On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 19:56 +0100, ant wrote:
> SQLHeavy is an awesome interface......unfortunately I had to abandon
> it in my project
> because there is (or was) a memory leak  in SQLHeavy.Query. If you
> create one, and
> let it go out of scope, not all the memory is recovered. Search the
> archive for an example.

I don't remember seeing that, and I don't see anything in the
archives...  If you can find a link (or supply a test case) I'd really
like to take a look.

> Having said that, I was creating tens of thousands of the buggers,
> which rapidly became
> an issue on a 4GB VM. If your requirements are less taxing, SQLHeavy
> is well worth
> the price of a few K leakage.
>
> I ended up swiping all the ideas and writing my own wrapper that did
> just enough for
> what I needed....sorry Evan, I'm too thick to fix it properly ;)

If I needed lots of raw performance I'd probably just use sqlite
directly, too.  Actually, I'd probably use something else (leveldb,
tokyo cabinet, etc.) if I could.