On 2013-03-29 20:34, rastersoft wrote :
> Hi all:
>
> Several days ago, another user commented in Elementary Dev list that
> using CMake with Vala was quite hard and difficult.
>
> After thinking about it, I reached the conclusion that using CMake is
> quite boring and repetitive, so I said to myself: why not creating a
> tool that automatically generates the CMakeLists.txt files, based on
> several rules and heuristics?
>
> The result is Autovala. It not only deduces where to put each file and
> how to compile the binaries or libraries from the sources, but also
> automagically finds the packages used in each project, and passes them
> to the compiler. It also creates automatically the .gir and .vapi files
> for libraries.
>
> You have a longer and more precise description in the README file, in
> the github repository:
>
>     https://github.com/rastersoft/autovala
>
> It is still an alpha version, but fully usable.
I have some problem to compile configuration.vala, seems related to Posix:

/home/francis/workspace-vala/autovala/src/autovala_lib/configuration.c:2264:2:
error: too many arguments to function ‘realpath’

Here is the generated C code:

_tmp35_ = realpath (_tmp34_, NULL, 0);

The problem is that realpath takes only two arguments, but three are
passed. This is not related to autovala, I can reproduce the problem
with this small snippet:

#!/usr/bin/vala --debug --verbose --save-temps --pkg posix

using Posix;

class Realpath : GLib.Object {

public static int main(string[] args) {
string path = Posix.realpath("realpath.vala");
GLib.stdout.printf("test %s\n", path);
return 0;
}

}

I runs on Ubuntu 12.10 with vala-0.18. Does somebody else have this problem?

Cheers,

Francis