Le jeudi 21 juillet 2016 à 17:43 +0300, Aleksandr Palamar a écrit :

> > This is nice. What could be done to push vala further in adoption?
>

>    1. Better support for other C compilers, like MSVC on Windows and
> Clang.
>    When building library on Windows it doesn't define
> __declspec(dllexport) in
>    generated headers which means you cannot use Vala with MSVC
> properly if you
>    want to make an DLL instead of EXE.
>    2. Vala-DBG which can do something like debugging of CoffeeScript
> in
>    Chrome is working. I mean something like JavaScript Source Maps
> but for C -
>    http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/developertools/sourcemaps/

Vala already generate '#line' preprocessor directives if you specify
the '--debug' flag. It is used by gdb and gcov to resolve the original
sources, meaning that you can debug quite effectively.

>    3. Package Manager, Vala already has a nice place with lot of nice
> VAPIs
>    (https://github.com/nemequ/vala-extra-vapis), but better approach
>    have own package manager with auto-resolving of dependencies (like
> NPM in
>    Node or Cargo in Rust).

I would really enjoy a source package manager to retreive bindings and
external Vala projects. So far, I'm happy with Meson and subprojects.

>    4. Better integration and maintaining of Vala among most popular
> IDEs,
>    including MSVC, NetBeans, Eclipse.
>    5. Transparent usage of C++ libraries via some modified VAPI
> syntax.
>    There are a lot of useful C++ libraries that people still
> need/want to use
>    in their project. If you want to keep that library usage
> exportable for
>    other C files in your project, you always can do *extern "C"*
> block to
>    avoid mangling.
>    6. Make some killer-application. Or more precise -
> library/framework. As
>    for Ruby that was Ruby On Rails, so Vala may have something own
> even in
>    other direction then Web.

I'm working on it. By the end of the summer we shall have a solid and
stable Web framework capable of taking real load.

    https://github.com/valum-framework/valum

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Felipe Lavratti <felipe...@gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>

> > This is nice. What could be done to push vala further in adoption?
> >
> > Em quinta-feira, 21 de julho de 2016, Adam Tauno Williams <
> > awill...@whitemice.org> escreveu:

> > > If true, thank goodness.  The myriad of web forums has damaged
> > > the
> > > critical mass of community a project can build.

> > > It compiles!  That is enough for me.  I do a lot of coding in
> > > Python -
> > > but the complexity of getting the runtime available is a major
> > > drag.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awill...@whitemice.org
> > > <javascript:;>> GPG
> > > D95ED383
> > > OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>

> > --
> > Enviado do Gmail para celular
Guillaume Poirier-Morency <guillaumepoiriermore...@gmail.com>

Étudiant au baccalauréat en Informatique à l'Université de Montréal
Développeur d'application web

Mon blog: https://arteymix.github.io/
Mon projet de coopérative: https://pittoresque.github.io/
Clé PGP: B1AD6EA5