----- Original Message -----

The email was only sent yesterday and in my view requires a considered response.
So please hold back from the fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD).

My own view is Vala will trundle along as it has done for a while now. The
question
is really whether development will pick up pace. I was going to respond with my
own
view. That is based on a paraphrase of an old slogan "it's not what your
community
can do for you, but what you can do for your community" and my own TODO list
for Vala.
There is a stable release for Vala about to be released in the coming weeks as
the
main releases coincide with GNOME release. So for my own part I wanted to focus
on
getting a few patches in before then. Then I was going to put forward my own
ideas,
but I am not a Vala developer.

Al