On 04/04/2017 01:47 AM, Ulink wrote:
> I simply can't understand why the Gnome people seems to hate or at least
> ignore Vala and instead promote Javascript or Rust or other weird stuff.

Some of us in GNOME have spent many years writing programming languages
and runtimes. Therefore our view is somewhat nuanced and opinionated.
Your viewpoint may be different, and that's okay.

> I recently wrote a 200k LOC Gtk app and Vala did the job perfectly. No
> way for Javascript, Python, C++ or even C or Rust.

Congrats! Builder is about 200k of C and it's taken me the past 2 years
to get there. That amount of work should be applauded no matter what the
language.

Cheers,

-- Christian