On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Julian Seward <jsew...@acm.org> wrote:
> If you can suggest some criteria that allows to distinguish the case you
> consider an error, from a "safe" destruction of a barrier, that would be
> very helpful.  But given that the POSIX spec is basically broken, I don't
> see how it would be possible to construct such a criteria.

How about comparing the vector clocks of the most recent
barrier_wait() calls with the vector clock of the thread destroying
the barrier ? This should allow to find out whether or not
barrier_wait() calls and a barrier_destroy() call that explicitly
destroys a barrier or any free() call that implicitly destroys a
barrier were ordered via a synchronization operation.

Bart.