On Jan 31, 2010, at 1:00 AM, tom fogal wrote:

> This is the wrong forum to ask for available suppression files, for
> the most part.  In this case, you want to go bother your MPI library
> vendor.

Matt,

If you are using valgrind with MPICH2 then you should make sure that
you configure MPICH2 with "--enable-g=dbg,meminit".  This will cause
the library to initialize communication buffers before they are passed
to the write syscall and will use valgrind client requests to
otherwise make valgrind happier.  All of this comes at a slight
performance penalty, so people typically build two versions of their
MPI library: one for debugging and one for performance.

Peeking ahead at your other mail thread, it looks like you are
actually using MVAPICH2, so you may want to ask about this on their
mailing list (http://mail.cse.ohio-state.edu/mailman/listinfo/mvapich-discuss
).  MVAPICH2 is derived from MPICH2, so the same configure flag may
work.  However I don't know that first-hand.

As Julian pointed out on the other thread, compiling for TCP/IP might
make it easier to debug as well.  I think that you can do that as
outlined here:
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide-1.2rc1.html#x1-150004.4.6

-Dave