On 03/15/2011 05:19 PM, Shamis, Pavel wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Valgrind doesn't work on systems that don't have "/tmp" directory. After some
> debug we found that the "/tmp" directory is actually hardcoded in the code. I
> changed the code to get the TMP directory from environment variable. As
> result it provides us a way to customize temporary directory location. If no
> value is specified, the default one ("/tmp") is used.
> Please see attached patch. It really may be helpful to see some resolution
> for the problem in future Valgrind version.

Yes, this should be fixed. Not sure whether a valgrind specific environment
variable
is needed. TMPDIR usually serves this purpose in unix-like OSes and should
probably
be used instead.  Can you file a bug, so this won't fall through the cracks?
See  http://valgrind.org/support/bug_reports.html for some info on how to do
that.

  Florian