On 08/24/2011 05:12 PM, Panchabakesan Thiagarajan wrote:
> Thanks for your reply... I'm a bit new to this developing environment, so
> took some time to analyse on whats happening.
>  We develop on a Windows platform using Cygwin and the compiler is Intel ICC
> compiler. The executables are typically .386 or .286. The target machine
> runs on IBM 4690 OS, in its turn was a derivative of Concurrent DOS.
> Though the flavours are different the underlying OS remains the same

The underlying OS is Windows and that is not supported.

> so could this tool be used with minor
> modificaitons if required for adopting to this OS?

No, this would be a major undertaking. For one thing you would have to
wrap all system calls and tell valgrind what they do to memory (read,
write, allocate, etc). I doubt that there is sufficient information
about Windows system calls available to make porting valgrind a well
defined task.

  Florian