From: Dave Goodell [mailto:good...@mcs.anl.gov]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 2:04 PM
To: Sayre, Alan N
Cc: valgrind-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Valgrind-users] problems with configure in v.3.6.1

On Aug 26, 2011, at 12:00 PM CDT, Sayre, Alan N wrote:

> I am trying to compile v 3.6.1 and configure gets stuck on
>
> "checking primary target for usable MPI2-compliant C compiler and
mpi.h.."

> What am I doing wrong?

What does "gets stuck" mean?  That the configure script simply hangs and
won't complete successfully or otherwise?  If that's the case then it
may mean that you have an "mpicc" compiler wrapper script somewhere on
your system that is hanging for some reason.

If you don't need the MPI wrappers in your Valgrind installation then
you may be able to get around this by passing "--without-mpicc" to
Valgrind's configure.

-Dave

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and contains information that is proprietary to The
Babcock & Wilcox Company and/or its affiliates, or may be otherwise
confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee agent responsible for delivering the
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and