On Sat, 2012-05-05 at 18:14 +0200, Martin Kalany wrote:

> >Is the 'cannot open' error only there when running under Valgrind ?
> Yes. When I use mpirun, it's fine.
>
> What I think is strange that valgrind apperantly tries to load
> libmpi.so, although it should load libmpich.so.1.0
>
> >Maybe a problem related to the dynamic loader ?
> I'm rather new to MPI so I'm not sure about this.

Valgrind is not supposed to change which shared lib are used:
the dynamic loader is executed by Valgrind and should behave
the same (and so load the same shared libs as a native run).

I know nothing abound MPI and so might not understand
what you are doing.
But I believe mpirun is a shell script
which might be needed to setup some required env variables.

So, to be sure, mpirun should be used also when using Valgrind
e.g.
  valgrind --trace-children=yes mpirun ....

(or is this what you are doing already ?)

Philippe