On Sat, 2012-05-05 at 14:45 -0400, Zheng Da wrote:

>         The corresponding code is shown below. I don't understand
>         which variable isn't initialized?
If you upgrade to Valgrind 3.7.0, you can use gdb to debug
your program under Valgrind.
With this, you have GDB monitor commands to ask if an address
is initialised (or not).
See user manual, sections
    3.2. Debugging your program using Valgrind gdbserver and GDB
and 4.6. Memcheck Monitor Commands

This might make it easier to understand where the problem
is coming from.

Philippe