On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 12:48 -0700, John Reiser wrote:
> In any case, please run "cat /proc/<PID>/maps" (where <PID> is the numerical
> process ID) and show us what the mappings look like for addresses 0xFE000000
> and above, when the program hits the memcheck error (or shortly before.)
The easiest to obtain this info when the segv is triggered
is to start with --vgdb-error=1, then attach with gdb/vgdb when the error is
reported.

In gdb, you can then use:
   monitor v.info memory aspacemgr
   # this will show the set of mappings as seen by Valgrind

   shell cat /proc/<pid>maps
   # this will show the mappings as seen by the kernel

Philippe