On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 16:26 +0000, Rehrmann, Robin wrote:
>  printing the result. Since memory leaks can only be detected at the
> end of a program, these are printed out at the end of the program, so
If you want to find which test specifically leaks some memory
(i.e. loses the last pointer to a piece of memory),
you can launch a leak search between each test.
This can be done either from your program (by calling
a client request) or from an external program (e.g. a shell,
or the python test driver), using vgdb.
The leak report can be incremental (i.e. showing the "delta"
compared with the previous leak search).

> I am fine with the relative time-stamp; I do not need an absolute one!
Otherwise, as explained in another mail, MC_Chunk is one data structure
to modify. The time stamp however will be per allocated block,
while the leak check results are regrouping the leaked blocks
in loss records. A single error is produced for each loss record.
So, there will be (potentially) several leaked blocks
mapped to one single loss record (and to one reported error).

At my work, we use the "incremental leak report" between each test.

Philippe