Hi to all,

I actually try to install valgrind 3.8.1, due a special circumstance I need
to install it on a linux Kernel 2.4.21, based on Suse linux,

but I run into a problem with an error message:

I have googeled around and found that aclocal version needs to be higher
than 1.7

I have checked my version is 1.7.6 high enough?

I have also checked the version of all other needed stuff and listed below:

The error message is:

aclocal: configure.in :2020: macro ‘AM_COND_IF’ not found in library

aclocal: configure.in :2023: macro ‘AM_COND_IF’ not found in library

error while running ‘aclocal’

I have the following versions installed

aclocal             1.7.6

autoheader        (2.57 autoconf)

automake         1.7.6

autoconf           2.57

What can I do to resolve this error and go ahead...?

Regards

Nils

IBT Interfaces

Inh. Nils Köhler