On 01/08/14 08:34, Alireza Haghdoost wrote:
> Ideally, I can put my application threads to specific CPU cores. Then
> I need a performance monitoring tool which tells me what other
> processes has been executed on these CPU cores during the execution of
> my application.
>
> Does Valgrind a tool to help me out ?

Valgrind is a great suite of tools for analyzing the behavior of a
single process. There are other tools that help with system-wide
performance analysis. On Linux e.g. the perf and ftrace tool allows to
observe context switches, timer interrupt invocations and much more. The
following may help:
* Stefan Hajnoczi, How to use perf-probe, March 2011, Stefan's blog
(http://blog.vmsplice.net/2011/03/how-to-use-perf-probe.html).
* Jake Edge, A look at ftrace, March 2009, LWN.net
(http://lwn.net/Articles/322666/).

Bart.