Thank you, that is a big help.  I do have a follow up question.  When a
Valgrind client allocates memory that will be used as a shadow copy of the
user's data, I would guess that is not included in is_valid_for_client.  As an
experiment, I ORd together the results of is_valid_for_cleint and
is_valid_for_valgrind and the results of running Daikon matched our previous
results - modulo now detecting reads from user space marked executable.

Thanks,
Mark