Hi,
I have a query on using LD_PRELOAD with valgrind. I have a process which is
LD_PRELOADED with a libraray libfake.so (name changed) which registers a signal
handler and when the signal to the process is received, prints the memory
statistics of this process into the log file. The same is monitored by the test
framework to see if the memory is increasing on executing a test multiple times.
Apart from monitoring the memory, we also need valgrind to give backtraces of
all memory allocations while the tests run just in case the test framework
detects memory increase. LD_PRELOAD with my process just runs fine printing the
memory statistics, however when the process is run from valgrind, the signal
doesnt seem to reach my process at all.
For ex:
LD_PRELOAD=./libfake.so ./my_process --> runs fine and prints memory stats

But,
LD_PRELOAD=./libfake.so valgrind ./my_process --> doesnt print the memory stats
>From few online blogs, i understand that valgrind does forward any signals to
>the child process that it is running on but it doesnt seem to work here. Any
>inputs here will be of great help. I am using valgrind 3.11 for my use.
ThanksHari