On 09/04/2019 18:04, Brian Goetz wrote:
In addition to liking the sound of it, I like that it is more “modifer-y” than
“value”, meaning that it could conceivably be applied to other entities:

     inline record R(int a);

     inline enum Foo { A, B };

I like it too - especially because in C/C++ "inline" doesn't actually _force_ the compiler to do anything. So, I like the hint-y nature of this keyword and I think it brings front & center what this feature is about in a way that 'value' never really did (users asking about the difference between records and values is, I think, a proof of that particular failure).

Maurizio