André Cruz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Right now I have 2 Perlbals balancing requests to 4 apache backends.
> I'm very happy with Perlbal's load balancing capabilities so I'm
> looking for the best way to integrate varnish with this Perlbal +
> Apache configuration. Which should come first in the flow; Perbal or
> Varnish?

Probably the easiest way to integrate Varnish, at least to begin with,
is to run it on the same servers as Apache.  This way, cache misses are
processed without network overhead, and you can easily run Varnish on
just one server in each pair to compare performance.

Running Varnish on the Perlbal servers will halve the load on each
Apache server, but increase the response time for cache misses.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer