In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ei
rik_=D8verby?= writes:

>>> is this still a problem?
>>
>> Yes, sendfile is not currently usable because it does not tell
>> us when it is _really_ done with the data we send, so it can
>> run afoul of our reuse of the memory for short lived objects.
>
>Thanks. What's the likelihood that the error I saw today is in fact
>caused by this weakness in the sendfile implementation, and that
>Varnish has triggered it? In other words; now that I disabled it as
>suggested, how surprised should I be to see a similiar error again?

Well, the fact that you have sendfile enabled at all means that
you run a pretty old[1] version of varnish, so there are a number
of other bugs you may hit, but at least the one where sendfile
sends wrong data to the user should be gone.

Poul-Henning

[1] For such a young project obviously :-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956