On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 05:48:32PM -0800, Brad Schick wrote:
> Is there a way to get varnishlog to print requests that take over a
> certain amount of time to complete? My understanding is that ReqEnd
> contains:
> XID req_timestamp comp_timestamp idle_time proc_time xmit_time
>
> I'd like to print entries that have xmit_time over a certain amount.

You can do it with a regex:

$ varnishlog -c -o ReqEnd '1\.[0-9]+$'

This will catch requests that take 1.x seconds.

varnishlog -c -o ReqEnd '[1-9]+\.[0-9]+$'

Will catch requests taking 1 or more seconds, 11 seconds, 12 seconds etc.

Finding one that takes 1+ (including 10) seconds is left as an exercise to
the reader.

- Kristian