Hey Dridi,

thanks a lot for your input. Highly appreciated ;)

Will test out later and see if things work out ok.

Greetings
Becki

On 09.08.2017 17:36, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Admin Beckspaced <ad...@beckspaced.com> wrote:
Hello Varnish Community,

I'm running an openSUSE 42.2 server with varnish 5.1.2
Update to 5.1.3, your Varnish instance can be DoS'd remotely!

For me it looks like that varnishlog.service is waiting for varnish.service
to start and the varnish.service seems to take a bit long to start up?
Correct.

Is there a systemd service option to wait for a few seconds before starting
varnishlog.service
something like a delayed start of the service?
Not a systemd option, but you can use the `-t` option in varnishncsa
or varnishlog to increase the timeout (defaults to 5s).

VARNISHLOG_PARAMS="-f /etc/varnish/varnishncsa-log-format-string -a -w
/var/log/varnish/varnish.log"
This is where you want to add a timeout option. See man varnishncsa.

Cheers,
Dridi