Here is the first patch from the set of patches I’m working on in order to port
vboxapi to Python 3.

It addresses various syntax issues, indention issues and introduces some
reformatting in order to conform the PEP8 style.
For compatibility with Python 3, I added branching at the very top of the file
that adds unified print_ function, xrange and long.

This patch alone should bring Python 3 compatibility to the Windows platform
because it does not use PyXPCOM.
Port of PyXPCOM to Python 3 is currently work in progress.

The patch is released under the MIT license.