Hello Azizul,

On 19.04.2017 15:32, Azizul Hakim wrote:
I'm doing some research on VirtualBox VMM. I'm trying to call some VMM
functions from my library. Basically I was trying to call VMR3Suspend
function and it takes an instance of PUVM. PUVM is only initialized
during the creation of a VM. Which means I can't suspend a VM unless I
created it. I was just wondering if there is some function which will
initialize an instance of PUVM given its UUID/name.

There must be another way (it doesn't have to be calling the official C++ API which offers a method to pause a VM, which internally calls VMR3Suspend). Your code must be located in the VM process anyway, so it should have some starting point (and no, there's no function call to calculate PUVM from the VM UUID/name).

Who's calling your code? You should be able to get what you need...

Because of the type of my work, I can not do it using other VBox tools.
I've to do it through the VMM. Any guideline is much appreciated.

Too little information to help, I'm afraid.

Klaus

Best
Azizul Hakim