Hi,

Fiddling around I discovered vboxsf shares cannot be exported via NFS and the
only workaround is bindfs AFAIK. 8 years ago someone created a ticket (#5295)
describing this exact issue, but it didn’t get any love.

I’m a programmer, but I never fiddled around the kernel. From what I found
Linux kernel will require defining "s_export_op“ in sf_read_super_aux() with
minimum of „fh_to_dentry" implementation in order to enable NFS export. This
seem to be a really small requirement, but I don’t really know where to start.

Can you give me some hint or maybe someone more knowledgeable in kernel
internals can add s_export_op to superblock definition?

Thanks,
--
Greg