On Sáb, 2016-09-17 at 10:18 +0200, Michael Thayer wrote:
> Hello Sérgio,
>
> On 16.09.2016 21:24, Sérgio Basto wrote:

> > > Right. That is the reason for the "zypper remove virtualbox*" in
> > > the
> > > SUSE instructions, but it might be worth expanding on that.
> > downstreamers like Debian and OpenSUSE still ship
> >
> > %{_libdir}/xorg/modules/drivers/vboxvideo_drv.so
> >
> > which is strange if that works ...
> I'm terribly sorry, I don't quite understand what you are trying to
> say
> there.

By downstream, I mean VirtualBox packages done by distributions:
Debian, OpenSUSE, Mageia, RPMFusion (I had follow these ones) all rpms
except Debian, this 4 distros have src.rpm and is specs available [1],
I also got official rpms from Oracle (which also I follow), but these
all 4 distros do packages with guest-additions for his own system, and
have ways to build kmods or with dkms or with akmods (RPMFusion) or
even running oracle scripts, my concern now is about new rules in video
drive in guest-additions, each none of the distros except RPMFusion had
follow , the new rules are:

1- New guest additions dropped vboxvideo_dri.so
#install -d %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/dri
#ln -sf ../VBoxOGL.so %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/dri/vboxvideo_dri.so

2- New guest additions don't install vboxvideo_drv.so
#install -m 0755 -D obj/bin/additions/vboxvideo_drv_system.so \
#    %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/xorg/modules/drivers/vboxvideo_drv.so

is the behaviour of running VBoxLinuxAdditions.run the oracle script ,
but this VBoxLinuxAdditions.run is to run in so many distributions and
so many versions that I can't fully understand it.

Many one question ? in RHEL 7 VBoxLinuxAdditions.run install
vboxvideo_drv.so and or vboxvideo_dri.so ?

[1]
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/virtualbox
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/virtualbox
https://pkgs.rpmfusion.org/cgit/free/VirtualBox.git/