On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Lew Wolfgang <wolfg...@sweet-haven.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm a bit worried about VirtualBox and how it will fit into Oracle's
> business model.  I think it's a given that Oracle will expect their
> new Sun purchase to turn a profit sooner than later.  If it doesn't,
> what parts will they shed and abandon?  That they have announced the
> decommissioning of vbox-users is also worth worrying about.  The actual
> cost of hosting the mailing list is close to zero, so what are they
> thinking?  Was Sun paying employees to participate in the list and now
> Oracle wants to cut back?
>
> What issues will the community face if VirtualBox is cast adrift?

I think the "profit" issue is not connected to the "vbox-users"
mailing list issue.

1. Oracle said they will keep VBox, as a companion to their Enterprise
virtualization offerings. (like a demo for the big thing)

2. cutting "vbox-users" mailing list is probably bad management decision.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"