Hi all,
        has anyone got 0.36b to compile WITH the SSL options?
I've got openssl on my system and it works fine for everything else,
but Courier doesn't seem to find it or use it.  It's installed in
/usr/local/ssl.

During the ./configure process, I see this:
checking for SSL_load_error_strings in -lssl... no

I'm also not quite sure just what it wants during configure, does
it want the location of the openssl binary or the location of the root
openssl directory?  I saw in some of the distribution files it's looking
for an OPENSSL environment variable, which I've set to both the
binary and the /usr/local/ssl directory.  I've also tried making a
link from /usr/local/sbin to the binary since the configure scripts
default to looking there.  Whichever I set ends up showing up in
the line "checking for openssl... /usr/local/sbin/openssl"

I also tried to compile couriertls manually for the SSL functionality
with a "make couriertls" in the tcpd sub-directory, that results in a:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [couriertls] Error 1

Finally, I made a link from /usr/include/openssl to /usr/local/ssl/
include/openssl to try to help the make find the libraries, but that
just causes more errors.

Since OpenSSL defaults to installing in /usr/local/ssl it seems kind
of 'wrong' to be defaulting to looking for it in /usr/local/sbin and then
giving up.

Please help me get this compiled, thanks,

David