Harsha Linux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed qmail + vpopmail + qmailadmin. Now when I give the domain
> and the password at the qmailadmin login page, I get an "Invalid Login"
> error and qmailadmin also reports the cause at the top of the page ie...
>
>         vsql_getpw: failed select
>
> I guessed the problem is because the required libary ie "libvpopmail.a"
> is not in the path
>
> So I put the folowing line into /etc/ld.so.conf
>
>         /home/vpopmail/lib
>
> and executed
>
>         /sbin/ldconfig -v
>
> (-v for verbose)
>
> But this did not print the archive file at all in /home/vpopmail/lib. So
> I copied /home/vpopmail/lib/libvpopmail.a to
> /home/vpopmail/lib/libvpopmail.so.1.0.0 and again executed
>
>         /sbin/ldconfig -v
>
> But now, I got this warning...
>
> /sbin/ldconfig: warning: /home/vpopmail/lib/libvpopmail.so.1.0.0 is not
> a shared library, skipping
>
> So I think making /home/vpopmail/lib/libvpopmail.a file a shared library
> might solve this problem. Now am I correct? if yes, how to do it? if
> not, how shall I get qmailadmin working?
>
> CLUE:
> =====
>
> Also, emails to vpopmail domains are not wroking. Qmail is working. I'm
> able to send and receive emails to all user accounts in /home/. (in
> their Maildirs).
>
> I've compiled vpopmail with the copnfigure option --enable-mysql=y. The
> table vpopmail is created in mysql, with postmaster and user info for
> the vpopmail domains
>
> With regards,
> Harsha

as far as I know, vpopmail doesn't create a shared object library.
and all libXXX.a files are static libraries. copying a static library
to a shared object file name isn't the solution. There is something
else that is wrong.

Perhaps your mysql shared object libraries aren't in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Ken Jones