Clint Simmons wrote:

> First..
>
> Heres my ./configure line :
>
> --enable-mysql=y --enable-ip-alias-domain=y --enable-roaming-users=y
>
> Everything compiled fine. I've been running vpopmail for years now. Although
> i'm very new at mysql.
> I didn't have any problems with the conversion (vconvert -c -s).
>
> Here is my directory structure /var/qmail/vpopmail:
>
> domains/
>         vdomain1.com ->>points to users (so i can have the main domain
> virtual)
>         vdomian3.com
>         vdomain3.com
> users/
>         all local pop3 users
>
> vdomain1.com is listed as vdomain1.com:vdomain1.com in
> /controls/virtualdomains
> After the conversion in which it said vdomain1.com successfull. It wouldn't
> find any of the users. I checked mysql (select * from vpopmail), it showed
> all
> users as user | vdomain1.com. I didn't go into great detail but, it would
> authenticate
> my other virutal domains.
> I also have a few users still authenicate from /etc/passwd. Will the mysql
> coversion
> make /etc/passwd not authenticate?
> What do i need to do about my vdomain1.com, which is also my local domain?
>
> I hope i've explained this good enough. I'm up for any suggestions..
>
> Thanks,
> Clint Simmons
> KZ Universal

First thing to try:
In the vpopmail src directory edit config.h
search for DEFAULT. Change the value of that
variable to "vdomain1.com"

make clean
make
make install-strip

Then try the authentication.

The same thing can be done with an additional configure option
--enable-default-domain=vdomain1.com

I HIGHLY recommend using the default domain option and NOT
using the ~vpopmail/users and a symbolic link. The default
domain option will give you exactly what you are looking for,
plus you can then manage your primary vdomain users like
any of the other vdomains. Which means qmailadmin will work
for them.

I'm not sure, but mysql authentication might not work
with ~vpopmail/users

In any case, /etc/passwd authentication will work with
mysql unless you specifically turned it off.

Ken