william f guyton jr wrote:

> this is what I am seeing in my /var/log/qmail/qmail-send/current:
>
> this works:
>
> @400000003999600d0ed0d6cc info msg 64294: bytes 744 from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> qp 15773
>uid 508
> @400000003999600d0f1e79cc starting delivery 22: msg 64294 to local
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> this does not work:
>
> @400000003999604b11f7347c starting delivery 23: msg 64265 to local
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> @400000003999604b11f7ccd4 status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
> @400000003999604b15513104 delivery 23: deferral:
>Unable_to_chdir_to_maildir._(#4.2.1)/
>
> what determins delivery?

Couple things to check

1) check /var/qmail/user/assign for details on where and what uid/gid
   the delivery is for, then check if the cdb file has been compiled
   with the latest contents of assign. run /var/qmail/bin/qmail-newu
   to recompile

2) Check if the deliver is to a .qmail-user file in the vpopmail
   domain directory. for example:
/home/vpopmail/domains/eatme.com/.qmail-joe
   This is controled by qmail-local program

3) If it's not in a .qmail-"user" file, then it's delivered via the
contents
   of the .qmail-default file. Which should envoke the vdelivermail
program.

   vdelivermail should check the auth module configured
(cdb/mysql/oracle, etc)
   and pick a directory.

   Check the directory and uid/gid for permissions

That's about all the debugging tips I can give you

Ken "It's too hot in chicago today" Jones