Lou Hevly wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> My email client is set to leave anything over 6 Kb on the server, then I can decide
>whether I want to download whatever it is or not. I notice that if I do this with
>vpopmail, the large message is transferred from ./Maildir/new to ./Maildir/cur.

This is how Maildir format works. Don't ask me why it does it as I am
not able to answer the question. All Maildir based storage is moving
mails from ./Maildir/new to ./Maildir/cur after it has been accessed.
You can easy take advantage with this by creating a script that looks
for ./Maildir/new folders with messages older then xx number of day's
for easy termination of old accounts (usefull when you run a free email
(webmail) service)

> Can vpopmail be configured so that this 'overflow' directory is under the user's
>control? For example, instead of going to /vpopmail/domain/user/Maildir/cur, could it
>go to something like ~$USER/mbox?
>
> Thanks.

Maildir is not mbox format, and I am agains mbox storage.. Besides it
would mean that you need to either hack current
qmail-pop3d(qmail-popup)/courier-pop3d(courier-popup) to understand mbox
format or hack qpopper (or something simmular) to understand Maildir
format.

I have no clue why you want to do this in the first place.. But here was
my $0.02 ..

Best regards
 Michael Boman

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature