BentO wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I use RH 6.2, qmail, vpopmail 4.9.5 (newest)
> I've already make virtual-email-domain in /home/vpopmail/domains and in
> the beginning..the authentication was succes (using uid :
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
>
> pop3 server run through tcp server :
>
> env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
> tcpserver -H -R 0 pop-3 \
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup my.domain.com \
> /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &
>
> But after few minutes +- 0.5 hour,..it fails on authentication (same uid
> & passwd),..the error :
> "no such user",...and when I try to delete the user,..
>  "error: unable to chdir"
>
> any idea ?
>
> Thanks
>
> TIA

Check your crontab entries. Some qmail installation packages
include a crontab entry that will regenerate your
/var/qmail/users/assign
file. Wiping out anything that was there before.

If you /var/qmail/users/assign file loses it's vpopmail information,
then vpopmail authentication will fail.

Ken Jones