> > I set up vpopmail (4.9.6-1), and following the FAQ, soft-linked
> > ~vpopmail/users to ~vpopmail/domain/test.com.  But when I added a virtual
> > user (vadduser), test, and tried to POP in and collect the mail, vpomail
> > would send a message to syslog talking about "password field is empty".
> > Creating different users (vadduser) produced the same results.
> >
> > Glancing around in the source, I found which field was for the password.
> > In each case, it was either 0 or nothing at all.  Using vpasswd to change
> > the password didn't change this field, but it did add one final entry to
> > the end of the vpasswd file: ":(null)" (with no newline). This entry was
> > not there when the user was created initialy.
> >
> > I was unable to delete the user (vdeluser), because it said something like
> > being unable to change to /users/test.
> >
> > I carefully verified the paths at configure and compile time, so they
> > were right.  Whatever permissions the installation process granted were
> > the ones in effect.
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > Is there a way to make vpopmail produce more logs than it does (which is
> > practically none) ?
> >
> > thanks,
> > mark
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> Could you point out where in the FAQ you saw this information?
> I want to remove that.
>
> Ken Jones

I should have been more descriptive than I was, but this is some file from
the source that I've printed that talks about how to make a domain into
your default domain.  ie: no system accounts for test.com, but users
authenticate only as 'user', not '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'.  I'll track it down
further if you like when I get back to work tomorrow.

I was all set until vpopmail spat the no password stuff :)

thanks,
mark