I'm using an md5-based crypt() (default Slack 7.0, without des1 package),
but vpopmail (4.9.6-1) appears to be using DES encryption for its
passwords.  Basically, unless Slack puts it somewhere on my system without
telling me, des-based crypt() doesn't exist on my system (before vpopmail,
at least).  Would it be possible to cause vpopmail to use the system
crypt() instead of whatever it's using?

If this is consistent with vpopmail on all platforms, then the above
change would help users migrating from sendmail or qmail + checkpasswd to
vpopmail without reissuing passwords -- just copy the fields from
/etc/shadow into domain.com/vpasswd.

If this is not consistent with vpopmail on other platforms (ie: it uses
system crypt(), be it md5 or des, but mine is weird), thats cool too :)
Gives me more to look at :)

thanks,
mark