Morning everyone!

My hosting service turned the power off on my server and ever since my
pop server has been acting weird. I know vcheckpw is working since it's
rejecting bad passwords just fine, but when it authenticates, it sends:

-ERR aack, child crashed

down the net connection and dies, nothing in the logs, qmail-pop3d is
not even executed (verified)

trying to run it in the shell shows it doesn't run its commandline, but
instead exits at errorlevel 4 (3 for wrong password, 4 for right).

other than that, it's a regular qmail installation, qmail-popup runs as
UID vpopmail (but changing to root didn't help). ideas please? it
doesn't seem to be eiter one of the two remarks about "child crashed" in
the Changelog..

thanks in advance.
Ira.