Hi all,

I know this might not be the right list, but since I am using multilog with
qmail + vpopmail and I could not find anything that would do good logparsing
I thought that I might be best of writing my own perl script which utilizes
qmailanalog to its full extent.

The Script takes a logfile with tai format converts it to tailocal to
determine the correct date. Afterwards pipes it back through localtai to get
it back back to the taiformat that qmailanalog needs. Then passes it through
matchup and gzips all the files to a directory of your liking for archiving.
Then it uses all these archived logfiles and pipes them through the various
qmailanalog scripts zoverall, senders, etc. and outputs the result to a
webdir of your liking.
It saves the result in static html pages in a hierarchichal structure, so
you get can view your results over the periods of time.

command line options to the script are:
b - basename this is the prefix of the lognames if you don't like qmail set
it different (qmail-yyyymmdd.gz is default)
d - archive directory (defaults to ".")
s - do you want to save the source logs (default is "no")
t - pipe the logs through tailocal before parsing (default is "no")
z - compression (look at the source code (sorry) defaults to standard .gz)
m - path to qmailanalog binary files (defaults to
/usr/local/qmailanalog/bin)
o - outputdirectory (defaults to /var/www/maillog)

You can see an example of the output at http://www.web-4-all.de/maillog

AGAIN This is only for multilog.

Please let me know if this software is useful to you and don't hesitate to
contact me if you have any questions. I will post the script to the qmail
mailing list later on, or maybe one of you guys can do it for me, since I am
really busy at the moment.

I will setup a website also which will be available via
http://qmaillog.byteaction.de by the end of the month.

Planned features include graphs, Column Totals where column totals ought to
be.

Any other feature requests?

Ken feel free to distribute this with vpopmail if you want to.

kind regards

Juergen Hoffmann

P.S. the qmailloganalyzer.css has to be copied to the root directory of your
webserver for it to work. If you do not use it the results will look crabby.

qmailloganalyzer.tar.gz