From: "Bill Shupp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Chris Chan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: 4.9.9 (16/03 version) core dump. URGENT.

On Thursday, March 22, 2001, at 09:06 PM, Chris Chan wrote:

> Please let me know what info i have to post. how about the 2xxKB core
file?

> the following is several lines of the "current" log file. note the domain
> abc.com.
> I think it's core dump during delivery.
>
> @400000003abab76a1a7fa354 status: local 1/10 remote 1/20
> @400000003abab76b3920c75c starting delivery 5834: msg 26835 to local
> [EMAIL PROTECTED];[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> @400000003abab76b39217b0c status: local 2/10 remote 1/20
> @400000003abab76b3af67d74 new msg 27077
> @400000003abab76b3af938ac info msg 27077: bytes 52118 from
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> qp 29561 uid 804
> @400000003abab76c0b2fd694 delivery 5834: deferral:
> Segmentation_Fault_-_core_dumped/
> @400000003abab76c0b306334 status: local 1/10 remote 1/20
> @400000003abab76c0b34d004 starting delivery 5835: msg 27077 to local
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> @400000003abab76c0b355ca4 status: local 2/10 remote 1/20
> @400000003abab76c0e384434 delivery 5833: success: did_1+1+0/qp_29548/

My guess is that the vpasswd.cdb file (assuming you're using cdb format) and
possibly vpasswd file for this domain is corrupted.  What does your vpasswd
file look like?  If it looks ok, try running vmkpasswd abc.com.  That will
rebuild the vpasswd.cdb file.  Also, compare the permissions of that
domain's directory to another domain that's working properly.

If the vpasswd.cdb file is corrupted too, someone has written a shell script
to recreate one based on the directory structure, but you'll still lose
passwords.  It's in the contrib directory of recent releases.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bill