From: Bill Shupp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 3:37 PM
To: Hubbard, David
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: Courier IMAP v1.3.8.2 not setting smtp-relay in vpopmail
4.9.10

There's an #ifdef around the open_smtp statements in
authlib/preauthvchkpw.c.  In earlier versions, the configure script wasn't
detecting that roaming users was enabled.  My solution (that I got from this
list) is to comment out the #ifdef and corresponding #endif around the
open_smtp parts.  Then recompile and it should work again if it is the same
problem.

One other issue is to make sure courier imap is running as vpopmail.  You'll
need to edit the couriertcpd rc file to specify a non-root user.  But if
vpopmail is running as the vpopmail user, then it can't edit the open-smtp
file after courier-imap has modified it and left it owned by root.

Regards,

Bill Shupp