Hello list,

With all the trouble I've been having (including actually hiring Inter7 to try an install) getting vpopmail to work on my Solaris boxes, I have to ask this list...

How many of you are running vpopmail on a Solaris7 sparc system?  And if you are, what version vpopmail did you get up to, and what -if any- problems/fixes did you deal with along the way.

I'm pulling my hair out around here.  I've tried almost every version > 4.9.6 without success.  And this is building it on a Solaris box that has already built 4.9.6 and is currently running 4.9.6!  Inter7 said "I need a new box..."  This simply isn't acceptable.  I'm not going to switch OS's to Linix... or whatever OS everyone seems to be able to compile this program on.

Something DRASTICALLY changed in the code sometime after 4.9.6 that is breaking it on Solaris7.  I have been able to get by all the little bugs in various configure scripts, such as the /usr/xpg/bin/id bug, etc.  Heck, I even figured out how to make the LD_LIBRARY_PATH unnecessary to set.  I've even tried dumping the mysql auth module and just doing a very generic build.  I still get the same error:   Unable to chdir to vpopmail/domains/domain

Like I said, I've had 4.9.6 running for 6 months or more.  I was able to build it pretty easily.  Now, I can't build JACK!  Any ideas?  Please reply to this if you've got something > 4.9.6 running on a solaris7 box.

Thanks,
Chris Bunnell