----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Shupp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gabriel Ambuehl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Einar Bordewich"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 8:56 PM
Subject: Re: Re[2]: vaddaliasdomain() patches....

<snip>
> I think Gabriel's changes are a good start, and eventually Einar's way
> should probably be implemented.  However, this to me is mostly a cosmetic
> issue, as I don't think there are any significant performance
disadvantages.

I agree that this is mostly a cosmetic issue. But, it's according to the
thoughts about virtualdomains and qmail. My colleague Reier Pytte (not on
this list) made a patch for vaddaliasdomain on how to handle alias
virtualdomains correct. This was done last minutes on friday afternoon.
Deletion of domain/aliasdomain is not finnished yet, but it's work in
progress. If domain is deleted and it has aliasdomains, all of these will be
removed (just entries in rcpthosts/morercpthosts and virtualdomains). If
aliasdomain is deleted, only the aliasdomain is removed ;-)

I'm attaching the vaddaliasdomain patch (4.10.35/36) in case anyone wants to
take a look at it. Just remeber that deletion of aliasdomains is not
functioning now!

> There are other more pressing issues (IMO) that deserve the time of your C
> programmer like the fact that vpopmail's quotas don't know about Mr. Sam'
> Maildir++ folder format, which is used by SqWebmail and Courier-IMAP.
This
> has been high on my list recently, but I just can't find the time to
pursue
> it.  Since many of my users have such folders, vpopmail's quotas are
> rendered useless.

It depends on how keen Reier gets on developement for vpopmail, but I will
do my best to give him some friendly push in the right direction ;-)

IDG New Media        Einar Bordewich
Development Manager  Phone: +47 2336 1420
E-Mail:              eibo(at)newmedia.no
Lat: 59.91144 N      Lon: 10.76097 E

vaddaliasdomain.patch